Music for a Summer Night at the Waterfall at Thanksgiving Point
- June 27, 2023Tuesday - 8:30 PM VIEW TICKETS
Experience a soundtrack to summer when you join the Utah Symphony under the stars for an evening of classical and pops favorites—with sunny, feel-good works celebrating the USA, the era of the “Old West,” and some of classical music’s greatest hits. This laid-back outdoor concert features movie music by John Williams, marches by John Philip Sousa, quintessential American tunes by Aaron Copland, selections from West Side Story, and much more.
Bring a picnic, grab concessions or pre-order a picnic dinner. Following the performance enjoy a firework show.
SMITH/KEY: The Star-Spangled Banner
SUPPÉ: Light Cavalry Overture
JOHN WILLIAMS: Suite from Jaws
LOWDEN: Armed Forces Salute
COPLAND: Fanfare for the Common Man
SOUSA: Washington Post March
JOHN WILLIAMS: Midway March
JOHN WILLIAMS: Cowboys Overture
BORODIN: Polovtsian Dances
BERNSTEIN (Arr. JACK MASON): Selections from West Side Story
COPLAND: Hoe-Down from Rodeo
SOUSA: The Stars and Stripes Forever
- Patrons with General Admission tickets should arrive early for best seating options as the venue fills up quickly for most performances.
- Blankets and low beach (lower than 30″ for the tallest point when opened) chairs are permitted in designated sections. Please be courteous of others. There are also designated areas for wheelchair seating.
- The Ashton Gardens will close to the public at 5 pm.
- Gates to the performance open at 6:30 pm for the 8:30 pm performance time.
- The performance will take place rain or shine.
- Parking is available adjacent to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens Visitor Center entrance and across from the Museum of Natural Curiosity. Guests will be directed to park in marked parking stalls. Parking in unmarked areas or on the street will not be permitted. Carpooling is strongly recommended to help alleviate traffic congestion.
- Disabled parking is available at the front of the Gardens Visitor Center. A valid disability parking permit is required. Paths to access the waterfall amphitheatre can accommodate wheelchairs, however wheelchairs and other conveyances are not available for rent through Thanksgiving Point. Shuttles to the performance are not available to the public.