- Tue 7:00 PM Mar 12, 2019
Utah Symphony invites community musicians to take part in our sixth Utah Symphony Pro-Am. Interested adult musicians may apply online for an opportunity to rehearse and perform side-by-side with Utah Symphony musicians and Assistant Conductor Conner Gray Covington on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 on stage in Abravanel Hall. The pieces this year are TBD.
December 3 | Applications available online (link below)
January 25 | Application deadline
February 1 | Accepted musicians will be informed through email
February 8 | $25 registration fee due
February 12 | Music will be sent through email
March 12 | 7 PM Utah Symphony Pro-Am Rehearsal and Performance
Please be aware: there will NOT be any rehearsals before March 12. Musicians are individually responsible for preparing before the March 12st event.
Applications will be accepted December 3- January 25 for the following instruments:
Flute 1, 2, 3/Piccolo
Oboe 1, 2
Clarinet 1, 2
Bassoon 1, 2
Horn 1, 2, 3, 4
Trumpet 1, 2
Trombone 1, 2, 3
- Musicians may apply for more than one instrument or seat position. You need only submit one application.
- Wind and brass players may specify a preference for chair seating (1st, 2nd, etc.); we will try to accommodate such requests.
- Applications will NOT be accepted for instruments not scored in the selected works.
- Musicians who have substituted for Utah Symphony musicians in the last 10 years are ineligible for this event.
- This opportunity is intended for adult musicians who are actively playing their instrument.
- This opportunity is not intended for musicians under 21 years of age or those students pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Musicians who played in past Symphony Pro-Ams may apply. Preference will be given to qualified musicians who have not yet participated in this event.
USUO staff will review applications and select participants. Applications are evaluated according to experience in and passion for orchestral music.
By February 1, 2019, applicants who have been selected will be contacted through email. Accepted musicians must submit a confirmation form and a $25 registration fee by February 8 to reserve their space in the orchestra. Music will be sent by February 12 to those musicians who have paid the reservation fee. Musicians are expected to prepare individually and be ready for rehearsal on March 12. Both “Pro” and “Am” musicians will rehearse together onstage at Abravanel Hall. After intermission, the group will perform the pieces without interruption. The audience is invited to watch both the rehearsal process and a final performance.
All confirmed participants will receive 1 complimentary ticket to the event to share with a guest.
Tickets will be for sale through the Utah Symphony Ticket Office at 801-533-NOTE. Tickets are $10 for adults and free for students under 18 years of age. All audience members must have a ticket.
Audiences members are welcome to arrive at 7 PM to watch the rehearsal section of the evening, or they can arrive at intermission in order to only watch any remaining rehearsal and the performance section.
Contact USUO Symphony Education Manager Kyleene Johnson: 801-869-9079 or email@example.com
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN MONDAY DEC. 3, 2018.